Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if anybody can help me,

1 st issue" im tryn to introduce acro corals to my 60 gall salt water tank,, whever ever i buy them and safely dipn then no to bring anything in my tank it seems all the acros start to die from the bottom up, alll my paramaters or right on the money..

2nd my tank as developed ich, when i introduced my banner fish it started, adn the acalimation process wast successful obviously,,i turned off my skimmer and have takn out my charcoal media from the filter,, i have been adding kordon ich attach, 6tsps, at 11am and 6tsps at 8pm,, started on july, 23rd and still addin it every day,, how long will this take to cure and am i doing this right?? thanks so much Rick

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
first off. what is ur parameter? right on the money doesn't explain much. however, most sps die from bottom up are in some form of stress. do you have any success with any sps at all?

as for ich, dont treat ich in your main tank. setup a hospital tank for it. my hippo gets white spot when its stressed and goes away after a while. make sure your fish is not stressed and eating healthy. i dont trust those treatment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my ph is 8.7, amonia 0. nitri 0,nitra 0, salt 1.024, calcuim,90 -450, mg 75-1500,alk 62-8.7 no stress in my 60 galll, i think from transportn the banner fish brought the ich from stren out from the way home,, my hippo was very healty for months and no issues,, , the banner fish died yesterday,, this is my 60 gall tank,,

i do have success with sum sps in my 30gal tank, monti's, two acro's, and the pareamaters r the same except for the alk, its 7.0 ,

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Abiotic factor - lighting... dying from the base up for me means low light. Not that the lights are bad, just not enough light (PAR) for them to thrive. What I do is move it higher, then its not reaching for the light by growing taller, and has enough energy to grow downwards and spread. I had that problem many times with different species. I moved them from mid point to upper 1/3, but somes still didn't thrive, then I stuck them 3" below the surface (glued to the overflow box as a last resort), then boom, it grew.

Biotic factor- another thing I have happening is hair algae grows along the base and covers the foot of the coral, blocking off light thus causeing a tiny bit of die off. Under normal conditions, hermit crabs and tangs clears it off. If the grazers takes 2 or 3 days to return, the damage becomes apparent after a month or two.
This happens alot on my frag rack, where the tang cant reach it, and the hermit crabs sort of randomly wander around.

ROGERWILCO357

michigan reefer sps
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hospital tank with some medications will take care of the ich the metals in the medication should never be put into the main tank...your ph is a little on the high side for me i keep mine at 8.0-8.2 alk at 10dkh,calcium 450 salinity around 1.026 temp 78-80 on the high side..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: