Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This web site, www.tbsaltwater.com/liverock/index.html

says they supply rock with all the hitchhikers etc and charge a LOT.

But if you look at the responses from customers they say they love all the critters and such.

I have a 39 gallon tank with 4 fish and some rock and dead coral. It's been up for over a year with no issues. Im upgrading to 90 Gal and this site look interesting. Am I asking for more than I can handle? Is this just another way to work a saltwater tank....bring in everything, pick out/kill the bad and have a super active very complex tank? Does anyone know anyone that has taken rock and sand from a place like this straight out of the ocean and plopped it in a tank?

Thanks for your opinions

Ryno

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion you are asking for trouble any time you add things straight from the ocean. A lot of hitch hikers are not things that you really want in your tank. Also any time you take rock out of the water for any amount of time you get some die off which will cause an ammonia spike in your tank. That's why you have to cure the rock first. I would personally just keep the rock that you have and add some nice pieces of dry rock instead. That way you have a little more control over what "critters" you have in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: