seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
i would like to know the exact way to use intercepter whats the preperation and wht should you be watching for and also how long do you wait to do a WC after using it,and how much of a water change,do you leave everything running?just would like directions never used it and im pretty sure i dont have them but id rather be safe thab sorry what do you guys think i know im going to loose stuff,does it hurt anemone"s,i now im going to lose inverts going to try to get as many of them out.thx RJ

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you won't necessarily lose inverts. rich dosed his tank and all his shrimp are fine.
you might want to call him he has researched it pretty thoroughly.
it's not easy to overdose either. i have heard of people using 10 x the recommended dose with no ill effects to corals or fish.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Here you go....http://www.melevsreef.com/redbugs.html

and

My procedure for ALL corals that will enter my system is -

When I first receive them... they all (usually a group of frags) go into a 5 gallon bucket with a power head, and heater, along with 1/3 large pill of Interceptor. Crush the pill, add water, and let run over night (usually 12 hours, but at least 10) Interceptor will kill other things, not just 'Red Bugs' they tend to get rid of many kinds of crustaceans. That and since my system contains 90% SPS, I do not take the chance of hitchhikers.....

From there as I pull them out, they go through a Revive dip for around 15 minutes. Swish them around for a bit,

Then they go into my QT tank, which contains Flatworm exit. Alot of times they are only in the QT tank for a couple days, but it's nice to keep an eye on them before being added to the display tanks.....

I have yet to lose a coral from this procedure... I mainly collect SPS, and LPS

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: