Majorbx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DSC09131.jpg

This is the UV sterilizer that came with the fishtank that I bought recently. I dont really know much about them so I was hoping someone could give me some info about how to use it and when. Thanks.

Oh and my dog Moose decided he wanted to be in the photo too. :)

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This is the UV sterilizer that came with the fishtank that I bought recently. I dont really know much about them so I was hoping someone could give me some info about how to use it and when. Thanks.

Oh and my dog Moose decided he wanted to be in the photo too. :)

It will be helpful if you know the wattage, the age of the UV bulb and the manufacturer of the unit. UV sterilizer is used for one of several reasons, 1) reduce algae grow and hence improve the clarity of the water
2) control water-borne pathogens such as ich and bacteria

In order to be effective, the flow rate of the unit needs to be appropriate for its intended purpose. I suggest you google it to find the flow rate with the wattage of the UV bulb you have and what you want to do with it. Then, you can find the right pump for it. BTW, DON'T look directly into the bulb when it is plugged in!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: