beaniebeagle

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been researching marine tanks for about the past year, its about time i just suck it up and buy something. the only concern i have is that i occasionally take a vacation for two weeks, rarely 3 weeks

i want to get at least an 120 or 180 gallon setup and plan to only keep easy to care for fish(will keep a low fish load) and inverts, plan to get automated feeders etc.

but i dont really trust anyone to come into the house except my one neighbor. I only trust him to add fresh water and some equipment checks.

would 3 weeks with just adding additional water and equipment checks be ok????? thats the only concern thats keeping me from starting this hobby

moggyhill

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are always risks with that. It depends on you and your comfort level with your neighbor. If you have a ro/di system with an automatic top off that would get rid of your neighbor adding water to the system. Lights can be on timers, etc. There is always the chance that a pump or something could fail but if the system has been up for awhile and running well I personally would go ahead. Just make sure you get top quality stuff to minimize the chances of something going wrong.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an auto feeeder to my tank so that I could vacation without having someone take care of my tank.

People can be dumb you know.

Automatic water top-off is a must.

You might want to have someone stop by just to give it a visual inspection every few days. Just to make sure there is no major malfunction.

A webcam sure would be sweet.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: