A

Anonymous

I spent a few minutes trying to find some but came up empty-handed for any definite models other than from Tunze and I'm just not forking over that much for a nano.

Anyone have any tips on good, cheap models that would be suitable for one or two very small powerheads? (Think; 12-24g nano's...)

Thanx! :D

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just threw a Koralia Nano on my 20L frag tank for some extra current, its ok. It was cheap atleast and is small, the current it puts out is ok, I probably could have used a larger Koralia but they are so bulky and the nano one was less intrusive.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm.. i dont know of any cheap ones.... unless you figured out a way to run a few MJ's on a rheostat or something.

not even sure that would work.

b

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw Norm, the solution is simple. Setup the 72bow again ;) . I know I would :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not aware of any variable speed pumps out there that weren't DC powered (i.e. just Tunzes and Vortech pumps) I think there have been a couple wavemaker devices for Seio and Koralia pumps, but the cost of those devices you might as well buy Tunze or Vortech.

EVO

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if nay has experience with these:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~ ... p_Capacity)_Saltwater_Aquarium_Fish__Coral___Reef_Supplies_Wavemakers_for_Saltwater_Aquariums_External_Wavemakers_for_Aquariums~vendor~JBJ_Lighting~SearchStr~~action~view~idProduct~JB6113~idCategory~FIWMEW.html

$60 seems very reasonable compared to the others.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the duel one on my sons nano and it does what it says it does. If the power ever goes out though, the thing turns all the pumps on and stops alternating pumps untill you change the dial to reset it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: