jayuws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey everyone,

I'm noticing that I have more vermitid snails in my tank and would love some feedback. If anyone else has these guys could you tell me if they are good or bad for the tank? Their little mucus strands get on my nerves but if there's any benifit to having them I'll keep em. If anyone thinks I should get rid of them could you tell me the best way to do it?

Thanks,

Jay

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
They aren't bad, more unsightly than anything due to those mucas strings they use for feeding.
I've tried filling the 'tubes' with ICgel, and that lasts for a while until they build new tubes to emerge from. If you're lucky they will come up in less annoying places :)
You can snap them off but it is kind of gross...

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have one I like it its just extra life in my tank to enjoy wish I had more than one I guess the only way to get them is as a hitchhiker....

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I thank this thread for helping me finally figure out what those things were. I watched as the little bugger(s) grew with my new tank, always wondering what it was and what would come of it. Nothing but slime. I do finally agree that they are annoying as the slime over anything put near them or when stirring up the tank.

carpediem212

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Did a search just curious to how they looked like.

wormbest.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: