gil716

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
found it! any luck requesting a manual from commodity axis? if not, i can photocopy mine and scan it in for you. it's only 6 pages.

here's some of the info you were looking for:

Recommended pump
min pump flow is 100gph and max is 400gph. no specific pump recommendations.

Maintenance
1. clean the radiator once a month. gently vacuum to remove dust and debris.
(a) once a month, flush the internal heat exchanger with fresh water. NO soap.
2. Verify radiator fan and compressor are free of dust.
3. Once a month, clean the prefilter to the pump that supplies water to the chiller.

have you used yours yet? curious to know how it performs. i got mine last fall and haven't set it up yet.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Alistair, glad to see you found one. I know you've been looking for quite some time. Warm weather is just around the corner.

Gil, I know he just got it within the past week or so. I don't know if he's used it yet. Probably just getting it all set up and ready to fly.

Good luck with it A,

Russ

alistair

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Set it up last night. Using a MJ1200 to feed the chiller.
I used about 18' of 1/2" hose to-and-back to tank. The chiller also sits about 4' below the tank level in my basement.
The tank temp was 81, I set the chiller at 79 at the temp dropped. I'll keep you informed as to how it performs. I know from my research this is not considered the "best" chiller. But for me, the price was right.

L

lordraptor1

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
i got one of these yesterday and i have not been able get it going yet because it has EL on the display and just has a constant beeping, i have contacted commodity axis and have yet to hear from them, anyone have any info on display codes or what might be the problem? right now i have it filled with vinegar to clean it out (as per a suggestion on another forum)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: