susan2626

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Video of clownfish spawning...link now working !

:splitspin Hi all. My clowns started spawning a few months ago, and now like clockwork, every 11 days between 3pm and 6pm, off they go! This video is a little over 5 minutes - the first clip with the pump on - all others, pump off.

This is my first attempt at videography, and you can see I am a rank amateur but hopefully you will enjoy anyway. (New camera: Canon SX10). Also the music is totally random - I was too excited to put together a good mix.

here is the link -

Last edited:

susan2626

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ps the sebae the clowns host which looks so sickly in the video is really very healthy. The day of spawning, the male "annoys" the anemone so it closes up - I assume that is to make more room for the pair's activities. The next day (today), the nem is back to normal.

susan2626

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Bill - re your question: I spend so much time @ Greenwich Aquaria, the post office shold probably be delivering my mail there! If I don't show up every few days, Jason and the guys send me "get well card" ...

:splitspin GA custom designed my aquarium and the majority of the livestock comes from there. I posted some photos that J. Hale took of the tank a few months ago on this photography forum so please take a look if you haven't already seen them....
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/photography/49522-new-photos-my-tank.html

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
Too funny. I go every Sunday to take advantage of there 15% off deal. Joey takes care of me pretty good. I like to bust Jason chops a little though. I go in grab some coffee and sit on the couch looking at his display tank. (incredible). Then I'll ask him if he can test my water.

I noticed you like leathers, I have a med size toad stool and yellow fiji I got from Greenwich aquaria a ways back but now I want to do mostly SPS. If your interested let me know.

Bill

Your tank is beautiful. What an awesume article on you and your hobby. You must be proud, it looks great. Viewable on all four sides must have been a challange. Dinner in the kitchen with a natural aquatic view... Too cool!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: