nycearnestchink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I set the temp to 78 desired , and when it shows the temp on the digital screen to be 77 which is below 78 , but red dot does not show up, to indicate it is heating, only when i manually set the temp to higher like 80s, does it only start to kick on .
perhaps it needs to drop 1 more degree like 76 to kick on ?

this is the titanium with the line with the temperature reader.
tank 40 g sump 10 g

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Get a controller like digital aquatics to control heater. Accurate to a tenth of a degree and comes with a temp sensor. Controllers can do al lot more than just that. If you get the basic model it comes with one power strip with 4 outlets . Which can control pumps, lights, fans, whatever. The best $100 bucks you?ll ever spend on your tank

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had one that shock me every time I placed my hand in tank. How long are you waiting for? Most heaters don't kick of instantly, and what kind of thermometer are you using maybe that's slightly off. If it's stable within the range of what you set it at by -/+ 1 or 2 degrees you're fine.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pretty much all heaters are not accurate. You have to find out by how many degrees up or down they are off, then compensate. Some are way off.
All heaters go on and off around the 2 degree off mark point.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: