bushh23

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i use it at night too. I like to slow it down for the night and it cuts the flow in half so things can get a break and catch more of the food when i feed at night too.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
i use night mode....

"enables you to set your pump to operate for 14 hours in whichever mode you select for the day and go back to Night Mode for 10 hours. Master pumps will tell their slaves to go into Night Mode as well. Your Night Mode setting will be stored for as long as you want or until you cycle power to the pump, at which point you simply program the Night Mode again."

It cuts power by 50%. I like it becouse it gives my reef a simulated calmer current.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
ok so far I got people use it to lesson the noise and give there corals a rest?

I am not 100% sure my corals get tired...... I have an sps dominated tank anyone else with a sps filled tank give there corals a break?

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
The fish get a break also from fighting the current. Imagine running a race all night all day, with no rest period.... your fish will start to grow muscles..lol

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Ok so it has been 7 months since I asked.

Anyone new try it? Like it dislike it ?

My main concern is that I have all of my corals for a long time at this point my pumps haven't been changed since I put set them to the way I and my coral seem to like, I still to this day haven't tried "night mode" I am a complete chicken when it comes to change. But I was thinking about trying something new and figured I would bump this thread up again and maybe get some new opinions.

thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I use mine because I feel my clowns have a hard time sleeping if the current is too strong...but I probably don't need to. It may be more natural though than people think, I feel like ocean swells would cause a similar effect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: