fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a wall hammer coral that's about 3"X1" when open. I have the coral positioned vertically on the sandbed. The issue is that im not getting very good extension. I've moved it a couple of times over the last few months. I still haven't really found a very "happy" spot. I read somewhere that they are sometimes found to do better on their sides... I know they like low flow and have tried low/medium flow and both low and medium light. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know that once the membrane becomes damaged, the coral is likely a goner and they can be harf to keep. I think this is a neat coral and would love to seein it thrive in my tank. I'll try and post a pic.

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Evening shot. Still doeant get much bigger than this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 256

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I recently pu a wall hammer I initially had it on bottom of tank and low flow area. It didn't do well, minimal extension.(using LEDs) I have since moved up on rock work and somewhat more flow and ext is improving.
How are you tank levels?

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
it's a JBJ 28gal Nanocube. About 1.5 yrs old. Stock return pumps and skimmer, VorTech MP10wes, running around 40% in Reefcrest mode. Had the 150w Metal Halide HQI hood until about 1 week ago when I gutted it and threw an Ecotech Radion G2 under the hood, running at 35%. The coral hasn't been moved in about 2 months. All corals look to be showing the same extension and traits under the new LEDs as they did under the halide.

Last edited:

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Have not tried feeding it. What should I feed it and is there a technique to doing so, as its "mouth" isn't as easily targeted as other lps? This will also be fun to do as my cleaner shrimp loves stealing from my cother orals on the rare occasion I feed them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: