Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Some of my acans were having a problem (not puffing up), so I ran some test.
Nov. 8
Mag 1110
Cal 450
Alk 7.7 dKH
Therefor began dosing mag at 7oz twice daily.
Nov. 9
Mag 1170
Nov. 11
Mag 1180
dosed 10 oz X 1
Nov. 12
Mag 1320
Nov. 13
Mag 1260
Cal 425
Alk 8.0 dKh
Nov. 15
Mag 1230
Cal 400
dosed 10oz of mag
Nov. 18
Mag 1400
Cal 395
Alk 11.8 dKh
dosed 3oz cal
Nov. 22
Mag 1410
Cal 435
Alk 8.3 dKh
Trates 0
Salinity 1.024 - 1.025
Temp. 78f
PH 8.55
Acans are still the same! Meaning the same ones that were puffing up are still puffing up, and the ones that weren't are still not puffing up.
To make matters worse I lost a chalice frag, and another has began to recede as well.;(
How long before I can expect a change in the acans, and what do I do about the chalice? I moved the receding chalice in to total shade.

Also, now that the numbers are back in check. Should I just start dosing daily like an oz of both cal & alk, and test weekly or biweekly?

Thanks for all the help guys & gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks Chief!;)

Reason I ask about dosing daily is because I noticed that they fall off rather quickly now that I am keeping sps that are growing.
I do have a doser, but the products I am using (bulk reef supplies) settle to the bottom of the bottles so I need to shake them up before dosing.;

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
mmmm.. Is ALK level right?? I realized (in my tank.. this might apply only to my tank.. each tank is different) my corals like ALK to be at 9 .. this summer didnt check my water and ALk was low to 6 something .. I lost almost all my acans and chalices..
also acans love low light and low water current..

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Ummmmmmmmmmm, I am trying to bump things to where they are suppose to be.lol
Now I understand why some tell people reefing is not easy.;) I'll dose a little tonight of the alk & cal.:)
Thanks Javier! Very sorry to read of your losses, it is truly horrible for those of us who truly care about the animals we keep.

straightjiggy10

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.2%
235   2   0
My acans like 11 Alk, Awilda my acans takes awhile to recover back to normal health, I have two recovering from same issue your having they puff now its been 1 month but not like they used to and there colors are coming back different then before all i do is keep my parameters in check i dose A & B daily and routine top offs & waterchanges, give it some time, about the chalice I have no clue just got my first chalice last week!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks for the info Jiggy! I will get the alk & cal up a little more.;) Top off not a problem on ATO. Water changes also I ok with. It's the dosing that I have to get under controll now that I am actually keeping sps succesfully.lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: