Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have had water spill, plumbing fail and cause leaks... Forgotten to shut off the RODI. This one is a first. Carrying a 6 gallon bucket (filled to 5 gallons) of water to my daughter's room for her new 10 gallon tank and of all things to fail, the handle of my bucket snapped! You have no idea how much 5 gallons really is until you see it spreading over a hallway into the closets and bedrooms.

Downstairs neighbor showed up 5 minutes later as we are scrambling to soak up the water with every towel we own and thankfully just a small drip around her hallway light fixture.

I just got in my auto top off kit from BRS with the solenoid to plumb my RO directly to my tank. Now I am getting paranoid.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ugh.

We had a contractor cut the main water line into our house before the shut off so I am very familiar with the pain of water going everywhere. My front door was literally a water fall cascading over the stoop.

A little more extreme than 5 gallons but water does damage quickly no matter the amount.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The worst leak for me was on my 180 gallon reef. I woke up in the morning, walked out of the living room into a puddle. One of my bulkheads had come loose.

Fortunately I lived on the first floor, but my wood floors didn't appreciate it. I am not sure how much water was lost, but I was mixing fresh salt water for half the day.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: