Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello peeps,

Was wondering if anyone could answer this question.

If i were building a false bottom vivarium, where would the water be in relation to the pete brick landscaping. Basically, does the peete brick need to be in constant contact with water to grow moss, or does the daily spraying of water suffice?

Would you ever consider having pete bricks submerged?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always intend for the water level to be just below the substrate, but it usually ends up being in contact with the peat etc somewhere.

I never have had long term success with regular moss except where it gets hit with RO water several times a day with the automatic sprayer. Java moss does great in very wet spots though.

I'm giving up with the selaginella because every winter I get this beautiful lush growth, but then in the summer my tank gets a bit too warm and the whole thing collapses.

Mouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
selaginella, is that some kind groovy moss. I was hoping on getting some artillery moss, but mainly pepperomias and vines and stuff. Was having a look at andy's orchids and he's got some awesome Dracula's.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gues its technically a club moss, maybe. Great terrarium plant.

gldtp.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: