mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
They had a lot of really cool displays, but I couldnt shake the feeling that, considering this is a famous aquarium... why are our tanks better?? LOL! right?

One that stood out to me was this tiny cube that had the largest whitish purplish long tentacle anemone (it was HUGE) and 2 tomato clowns in it. Unreal, and they had this huge patch of eggs stuck to the wall you had to look under the anemone to see the eggs.

Very cool trip but they have to step it up in the coral department, we're killing them LOL

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought the same thing as for the wow factor in the coral department. I went to the Coney Island Aqaurium and the Mistic Aquarium recently, and both were not impressive at all in the coral dept. The only aquarium that will really knock you off your feet is in Riverhead Long Island. Atlantis Marine World. They have a 22,000g reef tank and I found it very hard to tear myself away from it. A definite must visit IMAO. http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
They should just tear down their tanks rather than display a big ol' algae ball of coral.
Seriously, if a tank is not going to be maintained properly, it should not be running.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
lol we're really spoiled brats when it comes to aquatic displays
maybe but in this case they really should be ashamed of themselves
First off they charge admission, sadly you can go to some LFS and see more of a variety of livestock

they employee marine biologists no reason why our tanks look better

I saw several diseased fish in the large round tank it really is sad

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: