FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Hey just looking to find out what you guys are doing about power outages?

I currently have a mp10 hooked up to ecotech battery. Put i hate noise. My ears are right next to the dryside when i sit on sofa. Looking for another method.

I have a battery powered air pump. But i would have to be home during power outage. I want something that is automatic.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I don't understand how the battery backup on the Vortech increases the noise or are you simply looking to get rid of the MP 10?

The Via Aqua Millionair DC 250 air pump is a must have for ALL aquarists. Russ from Saltwatercritters ran a GB on these right before the swap. For under $20 you get a battery powered airpump that plugs into an AC outlet and kicks on when it senses the power go out. These really should be standard equipment right alongside heaters and skimmers etc.

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Matthew Scars... I read that thread. Not all 10+ pages but the first post by kathy and it doesnt answer my question.

Prattreef def does. Thats exactly what i was looking for! Thanks!

And yea the battery on vortech is silent. But vortech winds up and down like 1-2 feet from my right ear. :0)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: