alexhpc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a tank from craigslist and it came with this skimmer, I cant identify the brand. Also it doesnt have a control valve, just a plastic tube and the people who connected it left it under water and the skimmer remained powered on like this for a day without working and making a lot of splashing noises... Did this break it? Is it the type of skimmer thats not adjustable? It seems to be working now as I removed the tube out of the water.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I thought someone would recognize the symbol on the cap... I am afraid to take it out, as I am a total nubie when it comes to this equipment.

You haven't described a symbol :)

The skimmer is probably fine, just not setup correctly (although the description is too vague to tell).

You can take the skimmer out. Just unplug it and don't drop it on the ground. A picture is really the only way anyone will be able to guess which skimmer it is.

alexhpc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
picture of the skimmer

I thought I attached it... I was wondering why the weird replies. I put the lid on the side so you can see the brand symbol.

Attachments

• IMG_20130719_114152_345.jpg
    IMG_20130719_114152_345.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 296

alexhpc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the help everyone. It's a euroreef.. now the way the previous owner had it, was with a foam pipe attached to where the riser pipe should be. When I operate it, the bubbled don't reach the top. I have made a riser pipe out of some plastic tube that I had around by I am not sure that this is how it's supposed to be. When I look at the internet pictures it shows two variations of the skimmer, one with a foam tube where the riser pipe is and one with two pipes, one going up and one down.. I don't see any other way to regulate the skimmer, am I missing something?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: