jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i have a 28 gal jbj led tank.. currently have a cleaner shrimp, watchman goby and a tomato clown.. looking to add one more fish.. currently my watchman and tomato clown hide all day. . i would like to get a fish that stays out all day and is not shy.. what would you suggest.. corals in my tank are zoas,leathers,blastos,acans,scoly,clams,candycanes,rics, frogspawn and two sps frags (monti i think)

Last edited:

TripleT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 28 gal jbj led tank.. currently have a cleaner shrimp, watchman goby and a tomato clown.. looking to add one more fish.. currently my watchman and tomato clown hide all day. . i would like to get a fish that stays out all day and is not shy.. what would you suggest.. corals in my tank are zoas,leathers,blastos,acans,scoly,clams,candycanes,rics, frogspawn and two sps frags (monti i think)

A tomato in that size tank could become very aggressive to most tankmates. If fed properly, he can also grow to around 5 inches.

Due to aggression and bioload, I would either relocate the tomato, or only consider tankmates that the tomato might ignore.

A scooter dragonet comes to mind... but make sure you are feeding small sinking pellets as part of your feeding regimen.

Hopefully others members with tomato experience in a small tank chime in.

As far as them hiding, I would just be patient. If your water quality is good, and you are feeding a good diet, they will come around.

What are you feeding, and how much?

Do you have a QT yet? It will be useful for any future purchases, for treating health issues, and... if your tomato ever does go rogue. Definitely a good investment, for any setup.

Livelife

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bar gobys swim all day and most fish leave them alone because of there unusual shape. Chalk Bass stay small and look good in a reef just watch with small shrimp.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have had my tomato clown for over 5 years. He is the most shy and scared fish I ever seen. Ever since I got him he always tend to just hide and lay low. The watchman picks on him at times so I doubt I wil have a problem with aggresion with him. Lol. I feed fish daily a mix of pellets and frozen.
I am thinking bout getting a firefish but I had one it disappeared on me without a trace. Scared that a new one would do the same

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: