• t5s

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Breezp

Reef Geek
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
IMO its what you dont have that contributes the most to growth such as phosphates, ammonia, nitrite etc. I have had both halide and t5 and the growth on my part has been more with the MH 10k but the lack of phosphate etc definitely speeds up growth

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
IMO its what you dont have that contributes the most to growth such as phosphates, ammonia, nitrite etc
agreed, people will say mh, i disagree as i have ran both types of lights, and run t5's now, keeping parms correct and stable = best growth

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Well it is true using 10k bulbs do help with growth better than any other. But I also had both and for some reason I was able to house SPS with T5, and not with MH. Plus my growth from the T5's were amazing.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The question is kind broad since wattage, reflectors, and ballasts will make all the difference in both MH + T5s.
IME I switch from a 250w 20k halide(sunpod) to a 6 bulb ATI T5 fixture and saw an almost immediate increase in growth.

Breezp

Reef Geek
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
sometimes a MH thats too powerful will bleach SPS, 10k gives you the best growth but 20k gives you the best color, i always believed that coral are going to grow no matter what, why sacrafice the color for something that will inevitably happen anyway, thats why i prefer a 14k bulb, a healthy medium

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: