gino555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi, guys does anybody knows how to glue acrylic to the glass. Try to use epoxy-doesn't work. The project -- I need to glue filter sock holder in the glass sump. Thank you.

gino555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yep, that I was thinking about also ( sock holder put in the brace), but I have very nice custom made holder and really want to use it. But I think the silicone not going to hold because vertical pressure . Another opt. To drill 2 small holes in the glass and and put it on the nylon screw. I know Iam a little paranoid , but I like when it done perfect . Thanks for replays guys.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Hi, guys does anybody knows how to glue acrylic to the glass. Try to use epoxy-doesn't work. The project -- I need to glue filter sock holder in the glass sump. Thank you.

Did u ever try to keep the sock around return pump ? That what I do now, is much easy to remove, monitor, (in my case) so I protect the pump and Don't strain the zooplanktons, works for me.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Similar to what cmantis said. Get 4 strips of 3/4" thick glass, silicone them to the sump sides to have all 4 corners of the horizontal acrylic shelf to sit on. Silicone on the top of each strip, then press the sock holder down firmly to seat it level, then silicone both top and bottom of the holder to seal any gaps(which you must have). Worked great in the sumps I've built.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it depends on how wide your sump will be. I bought a used 30 long sump that had acrylic baffles siliconed and I had to scrape the silicone off before I could remove the baffles. It was pretty solid. You'd probably need one of those GE silicone as that's probably how much that person used.

gino555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What about to drill 2 small holes (1/4) and use 2 nylon screw with the thread on acrylic part. To drill 2 holes defenetly will need diamond bit. ..?

gino555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here what came out with this problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 94

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: