Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Okay Queens here's my questions. What happened to the Asian guy (Young) he was on Woodhaven Blvd. right off the LIE I think it was Aquatic Treasures ?
What happened to Ace Aquarium on Northern and Main St. (also Asian)

And for you old timers, what happened to Looking Glass Aquarium. Anybody remember them when they were on Northern right by Main St.
That store was COOL.

Any really good shops in Queens ? Best one I know is Fishtown.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
No, I been around , I used to go to Aquatic Treasures on lunch break. Then one day I went there and the doors were all bolted up. I was just curious.
As for looking Glass I was really just being trivial.
With all the online sites, I stopped traveling around as much as I used to. Plus it seems you get better stuff online (unfortunately)

Hey WWW I thought I sent you a PM the other day and did not here back .
Where is " your place" ????

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man ACE was cool store. Back then i was into canaries. But i remember checking out all saltwater stuff and drooling.

Young was a nice guy. He was one of the first stores i bought corals from. I respected him because he was selective in who he sold to. He would ask about your setup and if it wasn't up to spliff he would deny you.

They were nice stores.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
woodhaven was call treasure aquarium. guy was a lot more interested in making quick $ than running a business. started with good prices than jack it up n evenually ended up with no business so he jump out of the business.
northenern blvd call ace aquarium was run by a old korean guy. he retired n wanted to sell the business, but the deal didnt go thru n ended up just closing down n sell the equipment which some went to the corner store across the street.
looking glasss:how long ago was this?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Young owner of Aquatic Treasures left our fair city for greener pastures. He told me that the rent had gotten to expensive, so he moved his family upstate. He had also told me he was going to continue his business online, I gave him my email but never heard from him.
From what I was told Ace became Northern Aquarium. No idea what happened to Looking GLass.
Only good LFS that I know of is Fish Town USA, and those here on MR.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Young was a nice guy. He was one of the first stores i bought corals from. I respected him because he was selective in who he sold to. He would ask about your setup and if it wasn't up to spliff he would deny you.

They were nice stores.

That is the first time I heard of such a thing. I wish more stores were like that, and not just with their fish. It would be nice if stores stopped selling things such as burmese pythons to people who have no intention of keeping it when it grows to 15 feet and a few hundred pounds...Even on Dr. Fosters and Smith, a store I respect usually, they are offering sturgeons in their freshwater section. They inform customers that it can get to 4' but really who the hell has the facilities for such a fish ?

lazyreefer

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Well I used to work at ace aquarium more than 10 years ago. The owner started a wholesale sea food business near college point area and I think he lost money on that but who knows. But the manager of ACE (Larry) used to work at northern aquarium across the street from where ACE used to be but last I hear he went some where else =\

griMReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I used to work at ace aquarium more than 10 years ago. The owner started a wholesale sea food business near college point area and I think he lost money on that but who knows. But the manager of ACE (Larry) used to work at northern aquarium across the street from where ACE used to be but last I hear he went some where else =\

whatever did happen to LARRY? i saw him at northern aq like 2 yrs ago.

but i don't even stop around there cuz its just crazy to find parking around there even if park blocks away. it's so crowded like chinatown by there these days.

anywayz larry (of ACE/NORTHERN) seemed real good people. last time i went over he was asking all sort of question like what i work in and i gave him my card, told me he was working on setting up a flushing reef "club" meetup. but i guess it never worked out. where did he go? i remember i did stop by like a year or more ago again, and the asian lady owner with all the dogs told me he was out of town, like korea or hawaii, i forgot which one :scratch: where does he work now?

also what business did the owner of ACE get into? the senior guy with glasses and grey hair.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: