JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
need a heater for a 220gal. the tanks is in my office and the heat shuts off for about 12hrs a day. It could get as cold 40deg in the office at the winters coldest days when the heat is off. Just don't want to use( 5 )300watts I have. On my 75gal I get away with (2)300watts heaters but It never shuts off.

i searched and did not see anything over 300watt. If you see a link let me know

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
If you play with those big heaters your fish might get burn if one of them malfunction.I use two 100 watts on my 90 gal and two 150 watts on my 110 gal.I think three 200 watts should do the job.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Dre doesent 3-200watts = 2-300watts?
The point i'm trying to make for the last time is if one of your 300 watt heaters malfunction your animals are .... and don't say it can't happen read past posts.What ever you decide to do make sure you use a temp.controller.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I just remember when i bought my first heater for a 55gal in 1993 it was a 300 watt heater from Petland .I thought that bigger would be better,well the first thing to happen was it blowup the curcuit.I had to return it .Please check the curcuit capacity before you buy your heaters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: