A

Anonymous

FWIW a lot of members in my fish club have switched to Octo skimmers and they all love them.

A

Anonymous

It arrived. Looks like some sort of 4/20 piece of paraphenalia. I assembled it, but it also came with an extra package containing mesh and an impeller, with absolutely no instructions whatsoever on what to do with this...

Anyone know??

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

I since read this:
Features a soft pin wheel impeller as well as a mesh wheel impeller to allow hobbyist the option of which one they prefer to use.
 Up to 35scfh to 37scfh of air pull using soft pin wheel impeller and up to 40scfh to 50scfh using mesh wheel impellers.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people rave about the mesh wheels, but it might take a little bit of trial and error. If it makes a knocking sound, you might have to trim the mesh a little. Just a little mind you. Probably best to search for threads by those with direct experience though, as I can't remember exactly how it was done.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I just set it up, and it is skimming, but none of the skimmed stuff has yet to make it into the collection cup, so I think I will at least let it break in before I start to mess with it.

Ironically, in the last 2 weeks my little AquaC skimmer was doing the best job I have seen it do in several years (I guess a thorough cleaning could only help).

I am going to replace a backpack on my 28 gallon reef at work with the AquaC. (That thing has at least 10 fish in it and it is doing really well).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone of the State":22oo526b said:
Thanks. I just set it up, and it is skimming, but none of the skimmed stuff has yet to make it into the collection cup, so I think I will at least let it break in before I start to mess with it.

Ironically, in the last 2 weeks my little AquaC skimmer was doing the best job I have seen it do in several years (I guess a thorough cleaning could only help).

I am going to replace a backpack on my 28 gallon reef at work with the AquaC. (That thing has at least 10 fish in it and it is doing really well).

OK, now I'm expecting picts of two tanks. :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: