kingator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Hello to all , im new to this hobby ,ive just recently purchased a 72 g bowfront with about 80# of live rock with about 100 # of live sand im looking to purchase a skimmer but am lost on whats what . Does any body have any advise in what brand and size should i get for this tank its going into a refu sump and my budget is about 350$ any help is greatly appreciated

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
For $350, I'd look at the Super Reef Octopus 1000 or possibly xp-1000 (full cone version).
Also very good is the Vertex IN-100. ($200 brand new) Add a Tunze Hydrofoamer (about $150 new) and you'll be GOLDEN. Vertex and Tunze combine to make one heck of a skimmer. All the above options are excellent skimmers that have reliable, efficient, quiet pumps (Bubble Blasters in the first two, and Tunze in the third).

I have an I-tech now, but they're not available often,as they're made in very small batches out of Florida. Awesome skimmers though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: