troyrb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to replace the JBJ 110watt PC lights on my 30g reef tank. I'm getting really tired of replacing my PC bulbs every 6-9 months. I think I will buy from marinedepot.com they seem to have good prices and free shipping. What MH should I get the German 175W 10,000K Setup or the ALS 175W 12,000K Setup or the Iwasaki 250W 6500K Setup?

Will one 175w MH be enough for my tank? It is about 18" deep and I'm keeping mainly LPS corals. Also are the Icecap ballast really better then the PFO brand?
Thanks for the help buying the right lights can be very confusing.

Speed

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The icecap runs cooler(which may be a factor depending where you have to mount it) and seems to use slightly less energy. When I said cooler I mean a lot cooler and for me that means a lot since I don't want to mount them externally.

fishfarmer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 175 watt on a 30 gal should be plenty of light. I bought a retrokit from ALS, 175 watt 5500k Venture bulb came with a bulky Advance ballest. With PC actinic supplimentation it looks good though. I tried a Coralife 10000k for a few days, too blue IMO and I hear the higher the kelvin rating, the shorter the lifespan of the bulb.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: