• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hi I've been trying to find a great used skimmer for my 75 gal sps reef tank with a 20 gal sump
I really want this tank to sucessfully grow sps
I've heard that skimmers rateings are grossly exageratted so what kind of skimmer rateing should I be looking for??
Anyone have reccomendations on a skimmer that would be perfect for my system??

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
any vertex in is an amazing skimmer. but i personally prefer the nac 7 by bubble magus. extremely fine bubbles for a great reef tank. i love it and would reccomend it to anyone.

whats your price range?

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I personally like ASMs so I would have to say the G-1X or G-2...,I had a G-4+ on my 75 which I guess was overkill but I got it for $50 bucks and I upgraded to a 210 now so I didn't even have to buy a new skimmer. But I'm helping my cousin convert his 72G bow FOWLR to a reef and I just got him a G-1X and it's doing really well.

+1 on the ASMs. I run an ASM G3 on my 75g and it rocks.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ill say this everyone has an opinion on skimmer's, ive personally owned around 18 of them, i think asm is way over priced, a decent skimmer if ya can find one cheap, but they almost always leak at the seals, by far for the money the 2 best skimmers ive owned have been the vertex and the etss sump buddy 40, owned er's 3 or 4 models, bermuda, etss, octopus, swc, das, asm's 1,2,3

cisco1717

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
i have the vertex in 180. works great and quiet. but most skimmer r quiet anyway. ive seen the ASM and nac7 in action and works great but the ASM did leaked bubbles but not alot or all the time. rating is base on bio-load

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: