unclebuck134

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I just transferred all my livestock to my new red sea max. I got rid of most of my spare tanks. I have a brand spanky new 40b and a stand I built that works perfectly for it.

Now the question is: what do I do with this spare tank?!?

I have lots of equipment laying around. I can easily whip something up but what? I have a mixed reef right now so I don't need two. I would do a fish only but that's boring. I wanna do something different. That's where you guys/gals chime in.

The only thing is I would prefer to go sump less although it's not completely out of the question.

So what do I do......

unclebuck134

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Haha. No donations as of yet. I think it's too big for a quarentine/hospital tank. I think a seahorse or mantis ank would be cool. What would type of set up (as far as equipment) would typically be run for seahorse/mantis.

Was also thinking maybe a FW planted tank with a few discus. Idk. I feel like I would be happier with a SW set up of some kind

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
The possibilities are endless really. Electric eels to power your other tank? Kidding LOL Seahorse/pipefish ,frogfish if you are into a species tank. Frag tank/growout system. Definitely not too big for a qt it's perfect for that actually. Maybe even a breeding project?

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I'm sure there is out there. I don't think too many people keep seahorses on here there is probably more on RC but checkout seahorse.org they have a plethora of information. Seahorse OR mantis you mean right? Definitely not together lol. The internet is a beautiful thing my friend you can find anything. Google is your best friend. Always do your research first. Seahorses are tough though man typically you have to feed them 3 times a day and they are a colder water species. They have been kept in reef tanks at higher temperatures but I don't know for how long or anything else about it. Personally I never had them myself so all I know is hearsay but seahorse.org is definitely your best bet for credible information.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: