Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm thinking about doing a large school of anthais in my new setup. The tank will be a 400 gallon...what type would you go with. I'm thinking barrtlets, dispar,or evansi...or maybe even a mix of 2 types ..how many should I get in the school I was thinking about 10 to 12

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have had good success with both lyretails and Bartlett. Have never tried any of the others.
I like the bartletts because of the pink/lavendar color. It is unique and stands out in the tank. And I like the lyretail for their orange body color and blue eyes.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Think u made my mind up Randy. How many would u do ...? After seeing joes tank out east .I've been thinking about doing a nice school

What are the tank dimensions? If you really want that group look, I'd consider a mixed harem of 12-15 fish. The Dispar are a little shy and the less aggressive of the 2 species, so I would add them first and the Bartletts after they settle in.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Charlie ...those species will fine as juvis, but as they mature the Bartletts will be more aggressive, but in a big tank that shouldn't be a problem. Also the Dispars may break off into smaller shoals with each having their own dominant male.... mine did.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: