Hello everyone...My cousin has a 72 bow and we're trying to figure out that kind of light to put in it. 48" combo fixtures are too wide to fit in his canopy. I was thinking of putting retro fixtures but I have no clue which one are good. I also want him to have 2-250W 14k Phoenix MHs and some actinic supplementation but just for dawn and dusk affect. Can someone guide me into the right direction. Thanks in advance, Fortunato

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
make sure the width of the fixture will fit unless you hang it. alot of larger fixtures dont fit well on bows. my buddy got a 6 bulb t5 for his 72 bow and it JUST FITS. another quarter inch and the legs would not fit.

i have a 46 bow and got a single bulb mh with 4 t5's and my stock canopy that came with the tank does not fit with the light

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
2 x 175 watts will be the minimum you'd want to go. Have your cousin check out the Aquactinics fixtures. They're not very wide (front to back), are super quiet, and very reliable.

They're $$ though. (Worth it if you can spend it)

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
my bud that has the 72g with the 6 t5, got it from the pet place. 421 bucks it came to. aquatic life fixture. AMAZING. the bulbs are AWESOME, leds are AMAZING on it, everything by it is great. and like i said it JUST fits good. his lps lovin it and sps's will soon too when he gets a few. i love the 6 t-5 fixtures.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: