• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Everyone,

These are pictures from my cousin, his hobby actually died a few hours ago as he sent me these pictures this morning but just curious on why did he die. I haven't yet tested his water, as he recently had a baby less than 2 months old so its been very difficult for him to commit to the reef tank as much as he did before the baby's arrival.

Also I think it's a coral, i forgot it's name now lol. But it looks like spider webs on it, where pretty sure its dying... what should he do?

Also I did ask this in another thread but maybe can get some help as well with this one.

Can 6 fish one being between 4-5 inches, one being 3-4, one being 2-3 and the rest under 2 inches be ok in a 40 breeder for quarantine purposes? The tank will have a cycled sponge filter/rocks as well as an AC 70 (Not cycled, brand new)...

Also i have prazipro and seachem cupramine one fish has fungus on its eye and the other apparently ich....

Also what should the water change % be during quarantine? thanks!

I'll be quarantining his fish since I have more time than him right now.

Also he texted me saying he has a lot of algae, probably because of his new led upgrade, and he recently just turned back on his phosphate reactor..

Attachments

• IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3949.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3950.jpg
    IMG_3950.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
judging from all the cyano thats present i would do a 50%water change this week and another 50% next week and 10 to15 % every week after that, it should clear up the tank and your corals will definately thank you for it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: