Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
If you look in the picture, there is a small piece of kenya tree that is acting fine. It opens fully and seems happy. The bigger piece has not opened now for 2 days. It is a lighter color. All of my water parameters are good (PH, nitrates, nitrites, etc...) I have not seen any fish pick on it. Could one of my hermits bothered it? Does it look like it is dying? All advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• Kenya tree.jpg
    Kenya tree.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 171

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Ammonia and nitrates are 0. Nitrates are between 10 - 15 ppm. PH is perfect. I am dosing with ESV Bionic. I use ro/di water when changing my water (haven't done it in about a week.)

I have flow directly on the kenya tree.

tacson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
did you chage the water? it happen to my kenya tree after i changed 30% of water..... but i ignor it for 5 days and it went back to normal...... after that ....

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
leave it alone, that happens to mine it sort of melts and then it drops more babies all over the tank and then it recovers. give it about 4 days it should go back to normal.

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks everyone for the info. I find it weird because I have 2 different pieces of kenya tree in my tank and both have 2 stalks. On each tree, one stalk is currently closed and the other stalk is opening like normal.

I have not changed any water but am due to change water this week.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Just leave it. Like many other soft corals, they get droopy for some days and then go back to normal. I've had coral's completely slime over for 1.5months..algae grew all over them, but when they started to shed the slime, they were bigger and better than before. Just remember the more you move things around, the longer its probably gonna remain closed.

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I left the big piece where it was and moved the smaller piece with the gsap (you can see the gsp in the picture.) I turn my lights on at night and it has been closed for 2 days now. I'll continue to watch it. Thankfully nothing else is closed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: