adi2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi , I have a calcium reactor sitting in my garage unused because the Co2 tank is empty. Does anyone know where can I fill it up? I live in East Brunswick nj. Thank you

john90009

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
some would say yeah you can fill it with the c02 for paintball but others would say that food grade c02 would be optimal like the c02 that is used for like beer brewing and tapping or something- i get mine somewhere in toms river its a welders supply shop that has food grade c02- the paintball ones should work to but welder shows would be cheaper.

seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
i know but i use to play paintball every week and whenever i got close to needing c02 it was easier getting from there and since i knew people it was free even though i didnt use c02 for my guns used nitrus it was free

john90009

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
sharkbaitt uhuuuhahh, hah makes me laugh every time- i remember back when i used to paintball it would be so expensive for even my medium sized bottle for my pb gun- i haven't checked prices lately cause i stoned because my bottles wont get filled unless they get rehydro tested and i dont have the money for that.

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
sharkbaitt uhuuuhahh, hah makes me laugh every time- i remember back when i used to paintball it would be so expensive for even my medium sized bottle for my pb gun- i haven't checked prices lately cause i stoned because my bottles wont get filled unless they get rehydro tested and i dont have the money for that.
lol, yeah paintball is not a cheap sport especially when i was shooting a modified timmy with ramping board, i can out shoot my hopper with mod chip. I used to be the assistant manager at topgun before the owner sold the place and moved to cali. The owner was thinking about opening up a place in Cali, but dirty jersey is my home. I have not played at the field with the new owners yet and that been at least 3 maybe 4 years now.
paints not cheap for the rec player, but when I was ordering it I would order a few extra boxes on the pallet to play with. A case of paint when ordering by the pallet cost between 15 and 32 a case, this all depends on the brand. If its white box special and the white box can be anywhere from nice round paint to milk duds. Hellfire was the best paint I shot in tourneys. Even hellfire white box was good for practice.
I miss playing speedball and traveling in the PSP, NPPL events but being married kind of kills the whole travel and tourny ball. If you go to places like cousins paintball and places up in the New York area that still charge 100-125 a case, is out of control. Even that scrub of a field called fire trash mountain or as some know as fireball mountain they were charging 90-95 a case and were selling cases of paint that a pallet cost them 25 a case.
Granted the paint is what pays the bills, the rentals and fills cover the cost of the repairs and maintenance of the markers and tanks. We used to send out bottles to seaboard for hydro testing. I don?t know if they still do it.
Co2 was more then nitro, but a 10 lb bottle should not cost anymore then 10-15 maybe 20 to fill.
I run coralife CA reactors and the bottles filled right, meaning they don?t give me a hot fill, will last me just about a year on my 10 lb bottles.
Depending on your bottle if it?s a steel, aluminum or wrapped, prices have come down a lot, but its almost worth it to by a new bottle after the hydro date is up.
The only bottles I get hydro tested is my wife and my scuba tanks. She dives with a HP steel and I dive with a LP aluminum.
Figure a no name company you can get a 47/3000 PSI high pressure tank for under 40 bucks.
Even the name brand bottles like Pure Energy 68/4500 is 140 bucks. A lot of the bottles come with 5 year hydro dates now.
Damn it, talking about it now gave me the itch to play. God, my wife is going to kill me.
Been so long and out of shape I?ll probably drop of a heart attach on the field.
Guess I?ll have to play woods ball.

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
some would say yeah you can fill it with the c02 for paintball but others would say that food grade c02 would be optimal like the c02 that is used for like beer brewing and tapping or something- i get mine somewhere in toms river its a welders supply shop that has food grade c02- the paintball ones should work to but welder shows would be cheaper.
i have been using plain O'l paintball CO2 since i can remember and thats going back a long time. I have not had one Ill side effect from it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: