piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is it just me. I live in Westchester N.Y. There is not one place to buy a simple clownfish. From New Rochelle, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Rye, Harrinson, White Plains, Yonkers, hartesdale, scarsdale, only one stop in the bronx. Like 99% is now online. How can you support LFS when none are around. Any clown fish breeders around.

Amado

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The over head for a LFS is too high.
It would be crazy to pay the rent for a LFS in those location.
When you can sell online and grow corals in your basement/garage.

There are a lot of local reefers around that area. So you should be able to find corals /fish cheap. You can drive to Connecticut they have a bunch of fish store for that special fish. If you don’t want to order online.

Last edited:

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Like most industries there is change on top of this area being difficult for any brick and mortar because of the cost associated with a storefront.
Ask anyone selling on the forum, everyone want something for less. Almost impossible to survive with the overhead of retail space, insurance, staff, etc unless you move big volume.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I went to Connecticut to two places. One didn't have clownfish. But the next store had a very large variety of clownfish. Actually this store has the best stock of fish period. This store never short of fish. Only trouble I'm not paying almost 3x the amount. But the best selection of fish and coral.

rookiereefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey piranhapat!
i actually lived in Westchester county! it might be far for you but there one in queens thats actually pretty good.
i'm actually going to get my clownfish tomorrow at that place because they are restocking clownfish tomorrow.
its called NEW YORK REEF AQUATIC. CHECK IT OUT!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: