James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I went crazy finding the black egg crate too. When I finally found it and saw how much light it blocked I threw it out. Just something to think about. Depends on what your keeping.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I went crazy finding the black egg crate too. When I finally found it and saw how much light it blocked I threw it out. Just something to think about. Depends on what your keeping.

Seriously? I would have taken it.

It's great for racks and stuff. Less (visible) algae growth on the black.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0

I am curious about your comment because I am going to use it as a cover to my tank - if your lights are directly above the eggcrate, how could it block that much light? Did you use it as a tank cover? Thx.

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
bigyankfan, Even white egg crate blocks some light although most is reflected by the white. The black just absorbs the light. You have to compare for yourself and see which is best for your system. Personally, I now have no cover to maximize light intensity.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: