albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Is it that bad?
Is it that good? :bablefish....got new signature for you...Tank History: The Beginning; Crappy 10G (Dec 2004) --> Learning Stage; Decent 29G (Feb 2005) --> Present Day; Happy w/ 75G (Apr 2006) wasted time and money on jellyfish tank (Jan 2010) Came a long way and never plan to step down, only build up...Soon will be upgrading to a 210 that I already have in storage! =) ...JMO...be alot easier to go to public aquarium, if you need to see JF, I think you should do something else, that could make you much happier!

is this bc of Seven Pounds ?

no not at all, although I did see that movie when it came out lol I just think it's cool to have species tanks. Like I'm doing an octopus tank as soon as I move, then I'll probably try a seahorse and pipefish tank as well, and I don't know anyone that has a jellyfish tank, probably because like alfie is saying, they're not smart to keep, but I thought that would be cool to do. I would use this if I got them http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/blarhexseaca.html

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
among alot of other things. Tanks cost 8k+ anywhere you go. Flow doesn't mean a powerhead will do, you need complete water movement (laminar?). Plus the feeding is pretty crazy as they catch freefloating food. So your filtration is going to be crazy as well. Plus temp plays a big factor in the species you keep which is usually cold water.

Ontop of that its a pain to find jellyfish worth keeping. Rarely do the cool colorful ones show up on the for sale list, usually cost a pretty penny, and don't usually live for too long unless you know what your doing. Plus you won't find much on habits and needs of a particular species without doing alot of marine biology homework.

Spend your money elsewhere.

among alot of other things. Tanks cost 8k+ anywhere you go. Flow doesn't mean a powerhead will do, you need complete water movement (laminar?). Plus the feeding is pretty crazy as they catch freefloating food. So your filtration is going to be crazy as well. Plus temp plays a big factor in the species you keep which is usually cold water.

Ontop of that its a pain to find jellyfish worth keeping. Rarely do the cool colorful ones show up on the for sale list, usually cost a pretty penny, and don't usually live for too long unless you know what your doing. Plus you won't find much on habits and needs of a particular species without doing alot of marine biology homework.

Spend your money elsewhere.

Well I'm going to school to eventually become a marine biologist so I honestly would not mind. Once I move into a house I might just give them a try without spending a ridiculous amount of $, maybe just food wise. I'm not an expert but I have a pretty good idea of I could do.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
New World Aqu have some upside down jellyfish for about $12 each.I was thing about getting some as well because New World had some for over a month .I changed my mind after doing my own research on them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: