miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi

Can someone suggest kid friendly resorts or towns where we can book vacation rentals in TCI and USVirgin islands?

These are the requirements:

1. Safe area for family /kids ( to beach, shop, eat,stay etc)
2. Great Off beach snorkelling , to see corals, fish etc.
3. Not too expensive...

We live near Philly,PA.

Thanks..Kris

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
There's Beaches in TCI if you're looking for all-inclusive, and plenty of activities for kids. I didn't stay there, was next door to them at Royal West Indies Resort. USVI, it's been awhile for me... perhaps someone can chime in with more recent experiences.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I have been to turks 3x - went twice in the past 10 months to TCI & hands down its an amazing island to visit. Im going back this month probably around the 20-27 - havent booked yet but i think i will.

Depending on your budget and vacation preference you can use the following as a guide.

For all inclusive you cannot go wrong with beaches or any of them for that matter- friends & family continue to stay at beaches year after year and love it.

Personally i am more of the adventure type and prefer to see everything that the island and surrounding islands offer. This island is safe.

I suggest renting a car for the duration of your trip, its pretty cheap and traveling on the island is a breeze. Many restaurants and places you should not miss.

Affordable Hotels to stay - Extended stay style [most of the hotels are like this] I prefer them in this order. You can get 1 bedroom,2, etc with a kitchen. You can cook breakfast,lunch,dinner - put snacks drinks etc in the room to save.

The Sands [absolutely my favorite, just something about this place]
Alexandria [stayed here, very nice place]
Royal West Indies [RWI]
Ocean club West/East [is a little older and more run down, they have two locations. West is on a phenomenal beach line and very close to many stores and restaurants, good if on a budget but if the above places are affordable i would choose them.]

Generally you can always find amazing deals on Jetsetter or Jetblue.com.

For more money you could Look into the following [no particular order]

Grace Bay Club [Stayed here with my girlfriend and its just amazing]
Gansevort
Seven Stars
Regent palms

With all inclusive you can simply stay at the resort and love your stay, but If you decide to stay at a regular hotel, rent a car and go see the following.

Go to Taylor Bay beach for the day. Its around a 20 minute easy drive to a private SHALLOW beach that's amazing. clear as can be - i have snorkeled and seen some wrasses and other stuff.

Go to Sapodilla Bay [right next to taylor bay] They are both very shallow - On most days, there is a guy from south africa that rents jetskis,cayaks, and other sports. - snorkel along the right side where the rocks are and you will see tangs and other types of fish/inverts.

One of the days that you go their, go to a place LAS BRISAS for lunch dinner or whatever you want. Beautiful place on chalk sound. Very VERY safe and delicious. They have a Seafood paella thats amazing.

-----
Go to pellican beach - Great beach you can walk for miles and collect shells and stuff with the kids. Beautiful.

Some dinner spots..

Go for dinner/cocktails/lounge @ grace bay club one night. Its fine to bring children and its a really beautiful night. The decorations. My girls favorite.

Dinner at Coco bistro [crazy place - you eat under the palm trees., great food]

Dinner at bay bistro

Dinner at caicos cafe

Lunch at The Conch Shack - something i would never miss. An absolute dive with fresh conch, fish tacos, shrimps - ETC. Rum punch. Very nice and safe - wish i could be there right now.
Lunch at Coral gardens - get the fish tacos. [Somewhere Cafe] This has the best snorkeling

Lunch at the sands - everything is amazing [Hemingway's Restaurant]

Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
That's how it is done correctly! :)

I love island time... but the first day or two, I'm scurrying around like I'm trying to catch an E train. Locals must love city slickers...

Will C

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I just returned from St. John USVI and can say the snorkeling is great - you can spend as much or as little as you like. Quiet Island but perfect for families. Rent a house and a car and the island is yours!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 110

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Johnny,
Still reading thru ur post :) ....
Is Sapodilla and Taylor bay/beach part of grace bay or is grace bay different?

Will C,
Were you snorkelling in Caneel or trunk bay?

Did both of you see corals in your snorkelling or just fish and sponges , fans etc!

Thanks to all of you :)
Kris

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Johnny,
Still reading thru ur post :) ....
Is Sapodilla and Taylor bay/beach part of grace bay or is grace bay different?

Will C,
Were you snorkelling in Caneel or trunk bay?

Did both of you see corals in your snorkelling or just fish and sponges , fans etc!

Thanks to all of you :)
Kris

Sapodilla and Taylor bay are not on grace bay.

natesreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd say look up the dawn beach resort in ST. Maarten. I've been their twice with the family. Great resort and snorkeling is right off the beach. Great place

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: