• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Toadally1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ditto - I second the Imperator!

I had one for almost three years. It changed over to an adult. Great fish!

yabby

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a queen angel?. Mine has been easy to keep and has a great personality (not aggressive and will come and "talk" to you at the front of the tank). Has pretty blue strips and nice yellows on the fins and face. Mine has not bothered any corals.

Cost me about $50 from LFS

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: yabby ]

Tremelle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering adding an angel fish to my 105. I was wondering which angel do you consider the prettiest?

davelin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Farrah Fawcett, no doubt.

Oh, you were talking fish!
icon_wink.gif

Juvenile imperator. Nothing beats the pattern and when they swim sideways along the surface imitating the shimmer of the surface. Or maybe a navarchus/majestic. Or the simplicity of a French angel. Or maybe it's the goldflake (named for the price, obviously). Or.... Hey, the list goes on and on. They're all great, check out a marine atlas (my Burgess has been taped together several times) and look through the angel section. You'll be amazed at the varieties and the beauty of each fish.

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: davelin315 ]

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: davelin315 ]

Joggins

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Lemonpeel Angel Centropyge Flavissimus
is the best! I have owned P. imperator, P. navarchus and P. xanthometopon, but I still love Centropyge spp. the best! Just my opinion but two beautiful Centropyge spp. angels beat a large Pomacanthus or Holacanthus Angel any day!

Good Luck!

gazpep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My choices would be :

Dwarf ; Flame Angel.
Mid-sized ; Majestic Angel( Navarchus ).

They are both magnificently coloured fish.

Another one in the mid-sized group that is not as colourful, but a beautiful looking fish is the Black Velvet Angel. The solid black body has the texture of velvet ( hence the popular name), with bold yellow edge on the fin. They are a very inquisitive fish and very aware of their surroundings. Mine comes up to the glass to study anyone looking into the tank.

Cruiser

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All angels are stunning in color, variety and dramatic color changes from juvenile to adults!.

If you want the Angel to be the show / dominant fish in your 105, a medium size angel would be a good choice.....

Mid size~ish:
Scribbled Angel {C. Duboulayi}
Personifer Angel {C. Personifer}
fairly easy to keep.
Blue Spotted Angel {C. caeruleopunctatus}
fairly difficult to keep
Ear Spot Angel {P. chrysurus}
pricey but a strong fish about medium care, but is the largest of my current fav four!
Even though the imperator is an impressive fish.

Dwarf angels are also great additions also.
Can maintain a few with minimal associated probelms then larger angels.

Dwar angels~Centropyge:
Golden Angel{C. aurantius}
Multi-bar Angel {C. Multifasciatus}
Yellow Fin Angel {C. Flavipectoralis}
Potters Angel {C. potteri}
Multicolor Angel {C. multicolor}
These are some of my favorites.....Oh and of course I would love to get "Resplendent Angel" (C. resplendens).

Just purchase a very healthy young~small juvenile angel, provide good water conditions and a varied diet of greens & protein. I've kept almost all angelfish throughout the years. My Golden is going on six years
icon_smile.gif

Good luck

NanoWind

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing that hasn't been mentioned. Just be aware of the long-term affects. SIZE of the EMPEROR.. hehe.

So how do you pick up healthy angels?.. I AM ALWAYS BUMMED BY angels dieing suddenly one day.

Heres my story.

Pygmy Angel-few weeks, no spots, ate everything. died.

Koran Angel-few weeks, no disease, ate, died one day, although it was fading at a very small size ---cynaide?..

I want angels, but just dont' know if they are healthy. I SWEAR, I WILL NEVER BY AN EXPENSIVE ANGEL.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: