Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
A friend of mine got a good deal on a 210g tank today. Once it's setup figure it's going to be 280g system less the Live Rock. I personally like using H&S or bubble king skimmers. My friend doesn't have enough $$ in his budget to go with either of those brands. I never really dealt with such a large tank. What do you guys recommend that will be moderately priced? He prefers and external skimmer.

BTW if anyone wants to help we will be setting it up tomorrow and thursday night in the city (Lower east side). He also happens to be getting married Sunday! What a way to begin a marriage... Fighting over a reef! That's why were trying to make it all happen before Sunday.

Adam

gcfishreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would definately recommend an MTC in sump or an ASM G-3 both work really good MTC in sumps run about $300 but i found one on ebay for $43 dollors with shipping lol but the ASM's are like $269.99 on ebay brand new with shipping so i would say go with that. Always go with a good skimmer even if your on a budget because a never ending nightmare will unfold if you dont lmao

480greefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend who has a brand new H&S A-200 with 2x1260 for $900. The protein skimmer rated for 550g system. IMO, i would take H&S skimmer over BK any day. I used to own an BK400ext

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: