Rating - 100%
32   0   0
A few months back I had a suncoral colony die off ( I believe because of nitrates and phosphates in the tank) but I kept the skeleton in the tank because all the skin wasn't gone. The main polyps died but after a while white polyps started to bud from the left over skin. Its been a few months now and the babies are getting larger and they are still white. I've had black and orange suncorals reproduce in my tank and as they grew they changed the respective colors...but not these. Anyone ever had/heard this to happen before? any ideas?

Daytime pic
P1010315.JPG

next to dendro
P1010240.JPG

with actinics
P1010210.JPG

with a LED flashed on it at nite
P1010222.JPG

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
the wonderful miracles of life. Sun polyps tend to regrow when there is a food source present. Something in your water made them regrow from whatever living cells were left, maybe morphed them. I've had babies grow from a completely dead piece once but then died off from not feeding in time.

Bob, why ask if he was using MH's? Sun polyps don't bleach. If the lights too strong for them they won't open and die unless you tempt them with food and it takes training.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: