tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
ok so i was sitting at my aquarium staring and looking for anything new that popped out of my rocks and noticed these white dots on a few of the rocks in my tank.

Wasn't too worried b/c thye were only on this rock i broke up that had some zoo's on that i spread around, but looked today and looks like they are going onto a few other rocks.

Hard to touch, but u can pop em if u push hard enough and they give off this white powder. Dunno what they are. played around with 1 when i took a rock out of the tank.

Here are some pics but it doesn;t show much and i can;t get a better zoom.

They aren;t moving so they aren;t a flatworm. Thought it woulda been some sort of calcium buildup or something i dunno.

whitestuff1.jpg

whitestuff2.jpg

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
it could be baby snails cant really see,in the 2nc pic above the arrow to the left you have a majano amemone ,you should kalk that they can get out of hand

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
its a baby ric i found underneath the bigger one =0) not a majano ) pretty cool when you see them both close up when i turn off the lights and put on the moonlights. A huge bubble on a stem with a smaller mimic of it. =0)

If it is calcium carbonate is that good or bad?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
been looking around, asking people, doing research and i can;t find anything on what this stuff is.

I am looking into it maybe beeing snail eggs, but can;t find any pics that look like what i have in the tank. Looks like i might have some rare case of something. Its not hurting anything and they aren;t moving around. Found 1 more new one today which is better than the 4 i found yesterday. All levels are fine int he tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: