Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
IMO worms are about the best food you can feed along with clams. These foods contain bacteria "That our fish need" to stay healthy along with the fats, minerals and everything else to keep them healthy.
I hear all the time that worms are to hard to keep and they have to be kept cool. No, they don't, they want to be kept in the same temperature you live in. If you live in Death Valley and you have no AC, internet or fresh water, move.

For the rest of you that live on a volcano and the lava laps at your front door,
Can't you get a cheap Styrofoam cooler, put the worms in there with a small freezer pack and change it once a day? Suspend the freezer pack so the worms don't crawl on it. I mean Really! :eek:

Your fish don't really care if you have to go a little out of your way, especially after they were sitting there, or rather floating there, minding their own business and some Jiboni in a canoe listening to RAP music jumped near them with a huge net from Walmart and scooped them up. Ate most of them, sold some to a market that puts them in a can labeled "Dolphin Safe", and threw the rest in a bucket that he hauls gas and salami sandwiches in to a wholesaler where they sit in the sun in a cement tub with floating Toyota tires for a week with no food, then they are put in a bag and shipped over 47 hours to a store where the guy throws them in a small tank and puts a sign on them that reads $49.95, two for $50.00, and no guarantee. :oops:

Then you come along and the guy puts them in a small bag that you keep them in for two hours while you eat at Bonefish Grill. After that you throw them in an observation tank, because they haven't been observed enough, then dip them in insect repellent, tarter sauce and gasoline to remove flukes and flounders. Then quarantine them for 6 months while feeding them expired flakes.
Lady GaGa wears a fluke dress and no one dipped her.
And you have the nerve to complain that you can't find a place to store a couple of worms. :rolleyes:

Then you wonder why you are constantly on the disease forum with sentences that always start out with the word "HELP". :cool:

The worms don't want to freeze, just be at room temperature like 71 or so like I want to live. Where do you guys live? Mars?
My worms are in a Tupperware tub in my workshop. It is hot in there now and I don't see them sweating.
I am fed up to here with excuses. My hand is under my chin. Just get with the program and your fish will live forever with no help from you. Stop bothering them and let them be.

Start a white worm culture. All you need is a Tupperwear tub like your wife stores her underwear in. Remove her underwear and tell her the cat ate them and use the tub. Make some holes in the top in case the worms want to breathe. Put in some wet "potting soil" not top soil, not saw dust, not real dust from your vacuum cleaner, not gravel or sand. Potting soil, preferably without fertilizer. Throw in the starter culture of worms that you Google. Put in half a slice of bread, I use grain bread but I think they would eat your socks. Put some full fatted yogurt on it and wait a couple of weeks. Your neighbors will be so impressed with how many worms you have, and how often your wife has to go and buy new underwear.

Feed them to your fish and they will live for almost 5 days in salt water so mandarins, crabs and almost everything else except pipefish will feast on them. You will never again have to go on a disease thread.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Brine shrimp are mostly for mandarins, pipefish and fish that need to eat all day and have a small mouth. Most other fish "except pipefish" can eat worms as they are much larger.

You also can't enrich new born brine shrimp because they don't eat. They live their first day subsisting off of their yolk sack.

jhonny007

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I usually wash the aquarium twice a month but recently I have been out of the town for months and there is now one can wash it, so when I come back and washing it with my vacuum cleaner because it sucks all the dirt clearly but I forgot to remove the stones so it stuck my vacuum clear and did not work, So if ant one knows any Vacuum Cleaner Repair Dubai pls help me. out from the problem.

luv2bhated_ink

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where can i order a good starter to culture i would like to attempt this, since im having pretty good luck culturing my own photo and pods already, the more live food the happier my fish will be

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: