jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I have been fighting patches of green hair algae on some of my rocks. Manual removal, GFO, water changes, skimming, mexican turbos, and a foxface are steps I have taken to rid my tank of this PITA hair algae. This helped to some degree but I still can't get rid of the algae.
I was curious if anyone has has success with Sea Hares. I heard they release a mild toxin when stresses. No sure if I should go this route. Any advice is appreciated.

Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I had a sea hare and it cleaned up my hair algae in less than a week. Just be careful, that the sea hare does not get sucked into a return. If you fish leaves the sea hare alone, it will do fine. When you run out of hair algae, just feed the hare seaweed. good luck!! PM with any questions!

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have been fighting patches of green hair algae on some of my rocks. Manual removal, GFO, water changes, skimming, mexican turbos, and a foxface are steps I have taken to rid my tank of this PITA hair algae. This helped to some degree but I still can't get rid of the algae.
I was curious if anyone has has success with Sea Hares. I heard they release a mild toxin when stresses. No sure if I should go this route. Any advice is appreciated.

I had a sea hare until it had an encounter with a powerhead during a blackout (a Koralia 1;) it stuck its head in and the power came back on. Whoops. Anyway, they're great, but they eat a -lot-; have plans to give it away once it has done its job.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm not dosing aminos.
Do the sea hares eat longer 2"+ hair algae? Reaf Reaper I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: