BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've got some Magician and Candy Apple Reds that are taking forever to grow yet the Cherry Charms Zoas and nameless other ones grow like weeds,,are "Named" zoas grown special trade secret way or what my zoos are all in the same tank now.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'm not even trying to sell them I don't know the first thing about fragging lol, but for my next build I'm wondering about placement. I don't want to glue all my zoos to a certain rock and have all of bowsers 6 inches from the rest of my zoos it'll look funny

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Always wondered this myself. Can be frustrating. I had a similar experience with green trumpet corals and blue trumpets. The green grew unstoppable while the blue developed one new head every year or 2. Same tank multiple locations. It's like bc they know... lol

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I had no luck with magician's either, candy apple reds had explosive growth once i put them back on on the bottom. Zoas/palys have different growth rates in different tanks sorry to say what grows slow for grows fast for others it's a really a PITA.

As far as making a zoa/paly rock I would recommend that you make a species specific rock ie zoa rock or paly rock because palythoa like to extend and shade zoas TO DEATH.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I'm not even trying to sell them I don't know the first thing about fragging lol, but for my next build I'm wondering about placement. I don't want to glue all my zoos to a certain rock and have all of bowsers 6 inches from the rest of my zoos it'll look funny

If you put your different zoas onto smaller sized rocks gently glued to each other, you can always pop out a rock of faster growers, and change them ut with another.

I believe with zoas it's more about tank placement. They shouldn't be above mid-level and some others really like it low in the tank..flow also makes a difference.
Lighter colored zoas typically like it low in the tank (imo & experience) and 'darker' colored ones can handle more lighting up a little higher. (just don't move them around more often than about once a month & never more than a few inches from where you have them now- if you're search for a new location for them - as they will 'pout'.

Price has nothing to do with it..most all of them cost more when the colors were first introduced and as the market floods with them they typically drop in price....unless they understand more than I am giving them credit for ;)

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
^I would have to somewhat disagree.

In general, most people believe that zoas needed to be at the lower level of the tank but once I had some of my zoas about 5" below surface level under Reefbreeders LEDs. They really took off and you can see the size of their heads begin to grow out, better coloration and heads were a lot bigger vs the normal small heads under LEDs at lower levels in the tank.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate them and cuss at them and they will grow out of control. lol just kidding.

Certain zoas and palys will grow slower then others. Some just take a while to get situated and then will start taking off. Water parameters makes a difference. I don't think lighting has much to do with it. Most of my Zs love medium to high light and my Ps like medium to low light. I have found they all love clean water, but like to be fed for faster growth.

T

TheKingLBJ

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you forgot to delete this post tough mod. How about you msg me in private and tell me what your deal is? So tough hiding behind a computer. Immature little girl

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Hey you forgot to delete this post tough mod. How about you msg me in private and tell me what your deal is? So tough hiding behind a computer. Immature little girl

I didn't delete your post but what you're not telling people is that you were banned for a couple of months and came back under a different User name.

Can anyone guess what his prior User Id was or maybe he wants to tell us himself?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: