A

Anonymous

I would like to post a few photos. I've noticed that some people can post photos in the message, but most post links to their websites. I don't have a website but would still link to share a few photos with your guys.

icon_confused.gif

arnjer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the photo has to be on a website then if your
using an ibm right click and choose copy image
location then come back here and post a reply and under this box i am typing in is a button that says image click on that then a window will appear paste what you copied from the website there and click add reply or whatever the button at the bottom is and voila
NOTE: if the image on the website is large it will be here also i try to keep them no wider that 6 inches

Jerry

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: arnjer ]

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a webpage (and can check your basic HTML if you want to try to put one together). Crosswinds would show their logo if I tried to link my pic directly, so I just do the link to the picture. Hey, crosswinds is free, I can't really complain
icon_smile.gif
. You do need a webpage, I think. There are places to put your photos online, like Ofoto, but I believe that you would need to do a link to the photo there as well. They hope if you host your pics there, it will sell photos, everything has a catch. http://www.ofoto.com/Welcome.jsp
Good luck with whatever you do
icon_smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so the website is a must. I was trying to avoid that. I attempted to create a webpage at yahoo, but the upload on the photo took so long that I quit. I also tried one at AOL but couldn't figuire out how to upload more than one photo. Here is a link to that attempt. Randy's Reef

What's the easiest site that will allow the most space for pictures? Opions please!

Thanks!

Fixed your link -Chucker

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Chucker ]

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay.. found something I dislike about dreamwater, too.. (in rules 11) You agree that Dreamwater Free Web Space will fund this service by putting an ad banner at the top of every html page you create or upload..

I'll keep looking for a webpage service I like for you as I have time.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quillen,

Thanks you for your help. My modem speed is 56K. I just got a Nikon Coolpix 995 and it is my first REAL digital camera. I've got lots of cool marcros that I would like to post. I'm also a novice at digital imaging software. So excuse my ignorance. I guess I need to learn how to trim the picture down in size to decrease upload time, find a good website to create my website, upload pix to the net, then post links.

I just downloaded a 30 day trial verision of ADOBE Photoshop Elements and hopefully by this weekend I'll have it figuired out.

Thanks to everyone for your help anbd comments.
icon_wink.gif

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you are getting a grasp pretty quickly. hey, if nothing else, I'll create you a page on my crosswinds page set and you can just refer people there until you have your own. Umm. at 56k, then a slow upload would have to be attibuted to time of day or slow service.. unless your pics are just huge.

You can email me at [email protected] or ICQ me at 10235819, if I can help. I was a computer graphics major before I changed to this genetics/micro thing
icon_smile.gif
. ANy adobe product is most likely wonderful.. and I can tell your camera is decent
icon_smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quillen,

The pictures are huge. If been taking the pictures in fine mode. The picture you saw on my aol site is 442 KB. Some of my pix are over 1MB. I need to figure out a way to make the pix smaller in size. That feature is probably available in most software.

What size should I shoot for? 50KB, 150KB,...?
PhotoView.jsp

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Louey ]

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=957268729006_95903801403&US=0& collid=26352801403&photoid=16352801403

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Louey ]
Both%20Tangs%20Web.jpg

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Louey ]</p>

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often take my pictures for the reefs I play with in fine mode. All pics are huge when you start with them
icon_smile.gif
, nice to have that good quality . You want to look for the resize function & the crop function. It is something you'll need to get a feel for, as what is good for you. At 100%, you want it to fit on your window. The main picture you have should require no scrolling in 800X600 (if the picture is in full view). I would be more then happy to look at them, if you needed an oppinion. You don't want to make them too small, uploadable yes though. A lot of my pictures are 33,000 bytes to 60,000 bytes. Or samll individual pictures such as (12000 bytes) http://www.seasky.org/reeflife/sea2a.html

Jrsydevi1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey,

You should try PaintShop Pro.. You can download a free trial version from JASC.com.

It's what I use to resize, crop, and sharpen my macros...
gsp.jpg

oldblue.jpg

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Jrsydevi1 ]

louey louey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay quillen,

I uploaded 7 pix to ofoto.com. It took about 45 minutes for the upload. (7:30PM/aol) Here's a link:
My first post I hope it works!

Tell me what you think.

jrsydevi1. Nice pictures. How do you get the pic in the message? As opposed to posting a link like I did above?

I intend to look at Paintshop Pro also. right now I'm suffering from infomation overlaod. But what the hay, I have no life anyway
icon_biggrin.gif
Just kidding.

louey louey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, it worked.

By the way, louey and loueylouey are the same person. Work screen name vs. home screen name. I know, I know, one day I'll remember to bring my password home from work. Then I'll just be louey.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you get my response about the two beautiful picture you sent? The ofoto will work for now, you can do more later. I can volenteer time till August 20th. On a side note, You may want to enter the two you sent me into a photo contest instead of putting them online, they are fabulous! You would have a good chance. If we are recommending photo programs, I adore adobe photoshop. I have used PS & I like the other better.
I don't think Ofoto will work to directly link, but there is one way to find out...

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Quillen ]
removed broken link and then later the working picture from brinkster

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Quillen ]

jethro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using tripod.com for my free webspace. They disabled the ability to post links to .jpgs stored on my webspace.

Quillen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to sound too anti-aol, but.. excuse me if I do. Wow, you actually have a page that show up!
icon_biggrin.gif
The way AOL sets up their webpages is they prefer the viewers have to go this great big long process to get back to it each time (so say my AOL user friends).
I don't know if this is what you don't like about it or not.

You have a beautiful tank, well worth showing off. My recommendation on your main picture there would be to make it smaller (most webpages are planned for 800X600) and allow them to click on it to see it much closer detail. If you cropped off most of the wood, I think you could about half it & have it about perfect (if you want to do this).

How fast is your connection? If you were doing yahoo-geocities, I would recommend not to even bother. They are so extremely slow. I don't know that I would recommend crosswinds (www.crosswinds.net) as it has popups.

The one I recommend, but haven't used:
I was recently looking at http://www.dreamwater.com/ (no popups, 50 mb of space, free guestbook/form email/board/page builder, & they claim to have fast upload!)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: