lamaseta17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
my anemone is white with pink tips , i bought it as a rose bubble tip and it was red. i have had it for about 4 months and its always been white after i bought it.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 130

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Coral bleaching refers to the loss of color of corals, due to stress-induced expulsion of symbiotic unicellular algae. The corals that form the structure of the great reef ecosystems of tropical seas depend on a symbiotic relationship with photosynthesizing unicellular algae called zooxanthellae that live within their tissues. Zooxanthellae give coral its particular coloration, depending on the clade living within the coral. Under stress, corals may expel their zooxantheallae, which leads to a lighter or completely white appearance, hence the term "bleached".

Coral bleaching is a vivid sign of corals responding to stress which can be induced by any of:
  • increased or reduced water temperatures
    • increased solar irradiance
  • changes in water chemistry
  • increased sedimentation
  • pathogen infections
  • changes in salinity
your ganna have to determine to the best of your knowlegde which of these causes caused that RBTA to bleach. this way you wont have to worrying about having a tank full of white corals.

Last edited:

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
i am surprised nobody asked you for your water parameters. It looks like the person you got the anenome from liked that water quality better and it doesnt seem to be ajusting to your water quality. Please specify your water parameters, i believe something has to be wrong there. You dont have to feed your anenome that much. Once every two weeks is fine. It mostly survives off light anyways. Good luck.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Add selcon

to your food it will color up quicker.

I got a carpet anemone from 1ucky and it was tan almost peach. Ive been feeding it mysis with selcon for three weeks and its turning green from the bottum up.

Selcon add amino acids and vitamins to the food that fish dont normal get.

Put your food on a plate and use the eye dropped and let the frozen food defrost and soak up the selcon. Then feed like usual.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: