jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
quick question. i have a small piece of macro rock that i want to place a clam on.. the piece was bought at the swap. the piece im using is about 3x3. i rinsed the piece of macro with ro water. is it okay to place right into tank? i have a 28 gal. will it cause a cycle/amonia spike?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I believe I heard the guy selling marcorocks saying those rocks will not cause a cycle.

There was also a few vendors which setup a tank with the marcorocks which included livestock the day prior to swap day with no apparent issues.

Don't kill the messenger (me). The original marcorocks a few years back definitely caused a cycle, but these rocks definitely looked different so it may or may not be true. If it were me, I'd at least precycle at least a little while first.

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well I started up my tank with nothing but the "pre-cured" Marco rock and got a healthy ammonia spike that kick started my cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Perhaps no but I definitely wouldn't sit a clam on that ammonia rock until it's been in there a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: