Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Meet Harry the Sea Hare, Suzy and I bought him Sunday at Pets Warehouse, thanks L I Andy! Intention was for him to clean our three tanks and then sell him or trade him. Unfortunatly like Batman our Lion Fish, (Batman came with the 75gallon we bought a few years ago) We fell in love with Harry and don't want to let him go. Problem is we're going to run out of hair algea. Possible solution's, 1# we try to grow hair algea:scratchch, 2# we set up another tank and have people drop off there hair algea infested rocks for a cleaning, 3# we sell him to a stranger with a proven hair algea problem and live life wondering what ever came of Harry?:frown:

Pics #1 and #2 is Harry at the Amusement park, Pic #3 is Harry going for another ride. Pic #4 Don't you just want to rub his belly. Pic # 5 is a game Suzy and I have been playing since we brought him home. "Where's Harry??? " Pic # 6 is Batman today 12-11-09.

Attachments

• Harry on Nano Koralia #1.jpg
    Harry on Nano Koralia #1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Harry on Nano Koralia #3.jpg
    Harry on Nano Koralia #3.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Harry on a mission.jpg
    Harry on a mission.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Rub my Tummy.jpg
    Rub my Tummy.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Where's Harry #1.jpg
    Where's Harry #1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Batman 12-11-09.jpg
    Batman 12-11-09.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 163

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi Guys

I am glad Harry worked out for you. They can eat alot of hair algae. I have not tried this but I have read that they will eat the algae sheets that are used for tangs. I would try rubber banding the algae sheet to a rock and see if he eats it.

Andy

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thanks for the tips, if they work my wife will be so happy. Its funny a few months ago the first time I showed her a sea hare she thought it was the ugliest thing. Now Suzy loves Harry and thinks he's adorably ugly.:splitspin

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Do you have Hair algea? Maybe Harry can help.

We've had Harry for over two weeks now he's done a great job of cleaning one tank, I'm going to move him to another tank today. He's been eating the seaweed we've been feeding him and also the algea in the tank. The algea supply is running low and we wan't to keep Harry happy.

If you have a hair algea problem, have a stable tank at 1.024 salinaty, and live in the Long Island area, I might be willing to loan Harry to you for his cleaning services. We are willing to drop him off and all we ask in return is that you to give us a call to pick him up when he is done cleaning your tank so we can share his services with other members and keep Harry happy and full.

Thank you

Keith and Suzy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: