Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´ve got a copperbanded butterfly fish yesterday with two peppermint shrimp in a separated aquarium full of aiptasia and this morning he just started rubbing against the rocks, the tank has a uv sterilizer. I have a cleaner shrimp in another tank and I was thinking to place the cleaner with the copperbanded to help him and get rid of any parasite (just in case if he has some) but I want to be sure the he is not going to kill the peppermints.... what do you think guys?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skunk cleaner is active during the day and the pep is only out late at night. IME they do do not bother with eachother.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put 4 peppermints in a with a lone cleaner and they are fine together.

Petsolutions

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I echo what the others have said, I haven't seen any problems between these two types of shrimp. The only shrimp I usually ever hear of bothering other shrimp are the coral banded shrimp. Peppermints and cleaners should be fine together.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends upon the tank size IMO. Granted cleaners aren't beastly like a coral banded shrimp (why the hell are they called that? They don't look like corals!), but you could get some interactions if there are few places to hide.

Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys, I move it already but the cleaner doesn´t want to jump over the copperbanded yet...

Saltlick

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis":2uz8kcmm said:
Thank you guys, I move it already but the cleaner doesn´t want to jump over the copperbanded yet...
Sometimes the shock of moving keeps the cleaner from exhibiting his behaviors, and SOMETIMES feeding the cleaner
too much can completely change their cleaning behavior. I imagine it varies shrimp to shrimp, but I "spoiled" mine
by feeding him before I would feed my anemones, polyps and others (to keep it from stealing food) and pretty soon
he wouldn't clean fish that were BEGGING for it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis":3d4zzro9 said:
Give it some time. Both the shrimp and the cleaner must adjust to eachother.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: