• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Many of you must have known, I made the Savior Light for this tank but ironic enough I have no Edge tank running in my own place at all.

After all the delays and hesitation (say 1 year behind my first thought of setting up one), I finally put water in my Edge for real.

Will show you guys pics during the cycle later.

Current/Intended Setup:

-Fluval Edge Tank(used only in trade shows)
-Filter(cannot find the original one yet)
-WingoLED Savior LED Light 27W(for real 27W !!!???) I will be running it below 18W because with the extra power I have bigger range of color tone over the channels.
-FOWLR
-a Koralia nano with a missing external pcs(a gift)

-may be rescue coral or abandoned corals from clients
-or a couple frags grown/clone in USA :lol_large)

All fish should be BORN in USA
-A pair or mix of Oynx Picasso and Snowflake clowns
-Couple Neon Goby

-may be couple of small rock anemone.

Attachments

• Savior 27W White Chain Full On IMG_2908.jpg
    Savior 27W White Chain Full On IMG_2908.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
-For those who have a powerhead in the Edge, does it ever give you issues in killing your live stock ?
I am worried because of the close proximity of the powerhead.

-What color sand should I use? Anyone has a pic of this tank with black sand? If so, please post.

Last edited:

JeremyXXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Like many others I had a 240gph in my tank and I put it on the left wall towards the back with no problems.
Many people put MP10's on them as well if you can afford em.

Go figure my 7 gallon nano is giving me problems with powerhead location no matter where I put it I get sand drifts...

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
hydor makes a 180gph thats even smaller with a "spin stream" top. I had the koralia 240 in my 9gal cube before that and felt it was to direct of a flow making the "toilet" effect.
http://www.marinedepot.com/Innovati...ries-Innovative_Marine-0I10200-FIAQAA-vi.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UK5CTG/?tag=reefs04-20

Have you heard how reliable over time is the spinning mechanism? I have heard something similar that they will get stuck due to algae or such in the old days.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: